Friday, August 23
Bagby Parish Hall Decades after her original visit, the magical nanny returns to help the Banks siblings and Michael’s children through a difficult time in their lives.
This free event is entertaining for all ages (the movie is rated PG) with great food, lots of fun and amazing prizes.
Romantic Danube Cruise
October 24 – November 1, 2019 With guest speaker the Rev. Dr. Russell J. Levenson, Jr.
Cruise past picturesque landscapes along the beautiful Danube River while enjoying the scenic wonders and remarkable histories of these enchanting cities and towns:
• Vilshofen – Attend an exclusive Oktoberfest celebration and explore the beautiful old town
• Passau – Join a walking tour of the “City of Three Rivers” or visit the “Veste Oberhaus,” Passau’s Castle Hill
• Linz – On the way to a tour of the historic center of Salzburg, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market, stop at Mondsee to see Basilica St. Michael (site of the wedding scene in “The Sound of Music”), or walk around Linz’s old city center and by the Mozart House; also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border
• Weissenkirchen – Walk the cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche or hike to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held
• Vienna – Tour the majestic Opera House and former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before visiting St. Stephen’s Cathedral, or go on a guided bike ride along the Danube to the Klosterneuburg Monastery
• Bratislava – Take a walk around the “Coronation City of Kings,” enjoy traditional Slovakian specialties or hike up to Bratislava Castle
• Budapest – Tour the vibrant Great Market Hall or trek up Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below