Sunday, February 10 12:15 p.m. The Island
Max Lucado at St. Martin’s
Since entering the ministry in 1978, Max Lucado has served churches in Miami, Florida; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and San Antonio, Texas. He currently serves as Training Minister of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. Lucado is America’s bestselling inspirational author with more than 130 million books in print. His writing has been translated into more than 54 languages and featured in countless national media outlets. Lucado received his BA in Mass Communications and MA in Biblical and Related Studies from Abilene Christian University.
Sunday, March 3
9 a.m., 11:15 a.m. and 6 p.m., Guest preacher
10:15 a.m., Basic Bible Study – God’s Word: Our Hope
Bagby Parish Hall
What’s shaking in your world right now? Your future? Your faith? Your family, friendships, health? Could you use some unshakable hope? Here’s the good news: God’s promises are bigger than any problem you’ll ever face. Let’s take a look at God’s promises and be reminded of this unshakable hope: you have a God who promises always to love you and never leave you.
4:30 p.m., Book signing The Library and Welcome Center
Max Lucado will be signing copies of his books, including his latest release Unshakable Hope.
Monday, March 4 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Episcopal Church Women Spring Luncheon guest speaker Bagby Parish Hall Click here for more information.
Romantic Danube Cruise
October 24 – November 1, 2019 With guest speaker the Rev. Dr. Russell J. Levenson, Jr.
Cruise past picturesque landscapes along the beautiful Danube River while enjoying the scenic wonders and remarkable histories of these enchanting cities and towns:
• Vilshofen – Attend an exclusive Oktoberfest celebration and explore the beautiful old town
• Passau – Join a walking tour of the “City of Three Rivers” or visit the “Veste Oberhaus,” Passau’s Castle Hill
• Linz – On the way to a tour of the historic center of Salzburg, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market, stop at Mondsee to see Basilica St. Michael (site of the wedding scene in “The Sound of Music”), or walk around Linz’s old city center and by the Mozart House; also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border
• Weissenkirchen – Walk the cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche or hike to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held
• Vienna – Tour the majestic Opera House and former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before visiting St. Stephen’s Cathedral, or go on a guided bike ride along the Danube to the Klosterneuburg Monastery
• Bratislava – Take a walk around the “Coronation City of Kings,” enjoy traditional Slovakian specialties or hike up to Bratislava Castle
• Budapest – Tour the vibrant Great Market Hall or trek up Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below